Submissions to this journal
The Editorial Board welcomes submissions for possible publication in this
journal. We are looking for clear, concise articles that:
If you can contribute in any of these categories, then send an
with your intention.
- explain TeX, LaTeX, or ConTeXt concepts or techniques in simple
- express an opinion, or
- describe a project or new technology that might be of interest to TeX
We can discuss the best way that it can be written to benefit our readers.
The publications dates for this quarterly journal are January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15. If possible, please send ideas at least 45 days before a publication date, and please submit articles 25 days before a publication date.
Please note the following guidelines for writing in The PracTeX Journal:
We welcome discussion before you write your piece,
so that we can agree on the contents and style.
- Be concise -- use the minimum amount of words necessary to convey the ideas. You will spend less time writing, and your readers will save time too!
- Be precise, but informal -- imagine you are explaining the concept to a colleague or friend.
- Since this is not an academic journal, it's not necessary to be formal or to use a "passive voice" writing style.
- Try to minimize the use of TeX code in the article -- consider attaching one or more sample files to illustrate the details of a technique or implementation.
If you have already written an article or prefer to send
us a draft article, then send an email
to the editor
and attach your article file.
Date: May 28, 2012 ;